Monday, May 27, 2013

Anime Boston Vendor's Table 2013

 I went to Anime Boston 2013 this year. I did not get to go to that many panels as I was very busy selling stuff at a dealer's room table with a group of artists. I also tried to film as much as I could, unfortunately I would have required a press badge in order to gain access to certain areas and I did not have that much time to film a lot more. I will try to post a video about what I did manage to record.


I did not sell any of my art prints unfortunately. I believe people would have preferred items fan based on popular culture. I did however manage to sell quite a bit of magic cards and comic books. Some people did take my business cards and flyers for my web comic, so this was an interesting experience. If I were to do this again, I would have to make things more appealing to this audience than just my own concepts. I hope to have some copies of my web comic printed out as well besides just the 1st two chapters printed in a binder for just a preview.



I shared my dealer's room table with some interesting, talented people. Another artist was Malcolm Jones who represented a whole group of artists who banded together to form an art studio that makes and sells fan art called Funky Fox Studios. They make buttons, hair clips, posters, side bags, and a lot more neat stuff. They are also working on some original stuff including a web comic series of their own!


One artist I shared my table with was Tanya Austin. She made quite a few interesting little steam-punk styled top hats and hair elastics. She even dressed up in very impressive, elaborate costumes.

There was also Shaun Nakasone, who had these very cool vinyl dolls on display. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to grab one of his cards to display for this blog.

I highly suggest checking out these artists' work. I will have more posted on Anime Boston later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment