Friday, August 16, 2013

Attack on Titan

I really love what I have seen of the manga and the anime show "Attack on Titan." It is becoming quite the popular series, and I think I know why. On the back of the graphic novels, one of the quotes describe this series as "Japan's The Walking Dead," which I completely agree with. Like many good zombie apocalypse stories, in this series many people die, and it doesn't matter how well trained they are. However, unlike the zombie scenario, this story doesn't have reanimated corpses trying to eat people. It is far worse situation with humanoid giants with frighteningly quick regenerating powers. These giants maybe mostly dim-witted like zombies, but unlike zombies, there are various kinds of various heights. There are even some abnormal ones that move faster than the others. This series has some variety to it!


The manga maybe drawn in a very rough style, but it is still very engaging. Certain characters and titans have weird body proportions at times in the manga, though the titans are supposed to have different measurements compared to humans in order to make them much more creepy and inhuman. I do like how it is much more cleaner in the Anime series, how the episodes are ordered compared to the manga, and I also like the music choices for the Anime. All in all, I highly recommend either reading the manga series or watching the Anime!

No comments:

Post a Comment