Friday, January 13, 2012

Evil Earth Dragon Sketch #2


Here's a sketch page I had started of an evil earth dragon from my Zheph Skyre series. Most of the same features are in this sketch as from the previous one, though I have already made a sketch revising it even further. I tried the short stubby claws like a rhino or an elephant, but I think I should go with longer claws like an armadillo or a mole because I want this creature to be more capable of digging. I am going to give this dragon a slightly longer neck than this sketch since it just looks too weird short. I am keeping the hard, spiked end of the tail though.

The sketches at the top are of a good and evil dragon's full body. For the most part, I want to keep a traditional Western dragon body. Their tails will both have hard ends each one of a different shape. I decided against bat wings or even bird wings for these dragons. For these dragons that I picture living in dry areas, I think insect wings would do them justice. They will each have armored plates on their backs that open up like beetles' wings, but their actual wings will be more reminiscent of dragonfly wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment