Monday, January 9, 2012

Feelings and Art

Today I went to have acupuncture done at Eastern and Western Medicine: Jade Acupuncture. It was considered necessary in my situation because the pain I have been going through is constant and I can't live in such pain. I have tried pain pills and another procedure but neither of them worked that well for me. Acupuncture is the safest, more reliable way for me to deal with this constant pain. It might be expensive, but it is worth it. The pain might be caused by my job as a gallery attendant since I didn't use to have to walk around in a suit and dress shoes before I started to have this pain.

It is very important to have positive feeling before trying to make art of any kind, even if there is physical pain. Such negative feelings can hinder your art making to the point where you don't want to do it anymore. I am afraid that starts to happen when I feel this pain and don't have it treated.

I suggest to everyone to resolve your issues before attempting to make whatever artwork you create. Sometimes you are able to let out some steam when you create gestural artwork, but if you have lingering negative feelings, it will only get in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment