Monday, March 24, 2014

Anime Boston 2014

I had an awesome time at Anime Boston this year. I may not have been able to get an artists' alley table, nor a vendor's booth, and I did not even get any of my art submissions displayed from the contest even though I was a runner up. I did not even make a costume this year due to my busy schedule, nor did I apply for a press badge with one of the local television stations as I did for Connecticon. I did however, see a good number of my friends and met some new people, get to learn a lot more about creating web comics and Kickstarter, see some very good AMVs, saw some good costumes, saw some hilarious outtakes, and bought a few things I actually needed like a wallet, a side bag, and some more manga drawing pages for my web comic at decent prices. I managed to take a lot of pictures!

Here's Maka from Soul Eater. This form was only in the manga, which is too bad, because it is awesome!
Here is an interesting cosplay. I beleive this is a character from one of the Legend of Zelda games.
Here is a cosplay of the gollem from Dragon Age. The crystals actually glowed!
Here is a cosplay of Minion!
I was surprised to see someone cosplaying as Aku!
Here was an awesome group who posed for a group picture!
I have no idea what series this was from, but it is awesome!
Some friends of mine dressing up as Doctor Who, the TARDIS, Mario, and Jack. They are a very fun crowd to hang out with!
Here is a steam punk cosplay with wings! They fold up too!.
Steam Punk Batman... Need I say more?

Here was the winner of that art contest. It was a well deserved win for this artist I have to admit.













What I learned from this experience for my web comic series is that I have to be more interactive with my viewers, because without them, I would never see any possible income from making this series. I am going to provide more detailed descriptions on the pages for my web comic and I am going to try to set up a comment section that will update me whenever I receive them in my email.

Also, I decided that if I am going to start a Kickstarter crowd-sourcing campaign, I should start with a smaller goal than trying to build an animation studio. That would be way too expensive, and I doubt I could gather the money for that with Kickstarter at this point. I believe I could raise enough money to get some new supplies to make this web comic series better, and set aside the animation studio as a long term goal.

I am looking forward to what comes next!

No comments:

Post a Comment