Monday, May 4, 2015

Nightwish Concert with Delain & Sabaton

On April 11th, I went to the Palladium to see Nightwish live in concert with special guests Delain and Sabaton! I had an amazing time.



I took pictures of Delain as they were performing, however I failed to adjust my camera until Nightwish appeared. Sorry!



I love this band, but they performed only about 6 songs. I know they performed more when they were here last time with Xandria and Sonatic Arctic, but all of the bands that played that time were all just about as popular as the next, so I understand why Nightwish performed the longest.



I have to say, Johanna Charlotte Wessels is quite the rock singer! Her voice and cheerful performance are intoxicating!



I was surprised at Sabaton's performance. I was not that familiar with them beforehand, but now I am a fan at least.


Joakim Broden can sing and he is hilarious on stage! I cannot believe the jokes he came up with & how he just pulled this ten year old fan up onto the stage for a song!




I knew Nightwish had Annette Olzon and Tarja Turunen as their main female vocals, but I had no idea that they fired both of them until I came to the concert that night. They required a replacement...


And to my surprise, they hired Floor Jenson...


The former singer of Forever After and has been in a band called Revamp. I have her album of Forever After on Itunes, and I was giddy to see her onstage in this band! She is amazing!


Not only was she able to sing songs perfectly from the previous albums that fans love, but she helped bring a new sound to Nightwish that I have never heard before and I am excited to see where it goes!


This seems like a perfect fit for the band and the singer. The band has had amazing success despite having been through two female singers who were awesome at singing, but unfortunately they both were obsessed with getting the most attention even though it is a group project started by Marco Hielata. Floor Jenson had been in two bands that just disbanded despite the amazing talent she brought to it. They all are used to changing out of people from time to time.


I have to say, this is amazing for the world of symphonic rock!



How is it that there are a whole bunch of really awesome female singers for metal bands from all over the world, and they look amazingly hot as well?





Check out their newest album, Endless Forms Most Beautiful. The name speaks for itself, it is beautiful to listen to! For all of those who like rock, get it, get it now! I'm serious, there's no reason to only download a few songs. The whole album is awesome! There are few albums I can say that about!





No comments:

Post a Comment