Sunday, May 24, 2015

Page 157, 158, 159, 160, & 161 of Zheph Skyre

I apologize for not updating this blog as often as I have done in the past, but I have been really busy. Trying to keep two part time jobs while trying to make a web comic series into a full time job is very demanding!


Here we see Zheph is on the verge of gathering scrap metal for his invention when a single knight blocks his way. The knight knows he can't force Zheph to come with him, so he approaches him calmly and only offers Zheph to come with him. As you might notice, I have redesigned the spears of the knights in order to look more realistic. Spears in Medieval times were still on wooden poles. I also changed the location of Zheph's weapon. Before I thought he could just keep it beneath his jacket behind his back, but I realized that it would leave a rather large bulge considering the size of the weapon even when it is folded up. Now I just have it strapped to the back of his backpack. It may require some extra drawing on my part at times, but I feel like these details are required.


The knight and Zheph pass by the remnants of the brutal onslaught that they had experienced the day before. I wanted to show that even though Zheph has been constantly attacked by the citizens of Heartrogard on a regular basis, he still feels sympathy for them when some of them die. He may hate them back at times, but he never wished this plight on them.


And just when he feels sympathy for them, they remind him why he hates them so much. Apparently, the people want to find a scapegoat for this situation to vent out on and bring to justice, and Zheph is unfortunately the perfect target. Luckily, someone tries to bring order to the situation.


The King, Queen, Sir Luther, Jacques, and Jahovac are all gathered together waiting for Zheph to arrive. Is it a surprise that Zheph is in disbelief? It seems the King wants to know what Killmoore, the Dragon, told Zheph. Whatever happened to this "Lost Treasure" and what is it?


That is some proposition the king has declared! Will anyone be up for it?

No comments:

Post a Comment