Thursday, April 4, 2013

Squid Girl


I just finished watching Squid Girl, this 12 episode Anime on Netflix within the span of a few days. It was that good! I heard of the series as a good recommendation at a panel from an Anime convention, but I just didn't remember to look the series up. I decided to watch the first episode and I am glad I did! I know this series is new to Netflix because I have flipped through numerous Anime shows on Netflix and didn't see this until it popped up in my recommended section. I'm also surprised that Netflix now has access to episodes of cartoons from Cartoon Network like Samurai Jack, Batman Beyond, The Grimm Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Robot Chicken, Dextar's Laboratory, The Powerpuff Girls, Ed, Edd, & Eddy, and so many more!

This is a comedy series about a squid-girl from the sea who comes up onto dry land in order to invade the world of man for polluting her home. Among the numerous crazy things that happen, she ends up getting forced to work at a food stand at a beach in Japan.

There are some common anime themes that are used in this series, but it brings a lot of new, good humor with really good quality animation. The characters are all unique and funny to watch as they interact. It reminds me of another Anime Comedy called My Bride is a Mermaid. I highly recommend both of these series to others!

No comments:

Post a Comment