Thursday, April 25, 2013

Internet Radio

I never heard of the website Pandora before the 24 Hour Game Jam. Someone's laptop was playing Within Temptation, a band I really enjoy listening to. I noticed that after the song of Within Temptation, the laptop played songs from other bands that I never heard before, but I enjoyed how they sound. I decided to try out this website for myself.

I was surprised at the substantially huge selection this internet radio has. This seems like the logical route to take for all radio to go. You type in the name of a band or a genre of music and this website will begin playing music from that genre or that are similar to that band. If there is a song you don't like, you can always press skip. There are commercials, but there is only one commercial in between two songs once in a while. These commercials are not as annoying as most of the commercials I have heard on the normal FM radio. There's an upgraded version when you sign up for an account, but I just stuck with the free version, and I am satisfied.

I have found a few new bands that sound awesome! From there I have looked into their albums on Itunes and saved them in my wishlist. I don't know where else this website is accessible other than on a computer, but I highly recommend this internet radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment