Friday, September 20, 2013

[remastered] Opening Party at WAM

(This image was from http://www.worcesterart.org/)
 
Tonight was the opening party for the reopened galleries at the Worcester Art Museum. I went to it with friends and family after I played Magic the Gathering.
 
For the most part, the artwork that is hanging in these galleries has been rearranged into a more interesting way. Instead of hanging the artwork flat on the walls, the artwork is now leaning forward from the wall, and some of it is now located higher so that viewers look up at the artwork. I like it, and as a guard it gives me some relief to know people won't be able to touch half the artwork in these galleries. I would complain that there are open spaces on the walls where artwork used to be, but it might just be cluttered in certain cases.
 
There was a lot of good live music playing tonight. In the galleries there were violin players, outside there was a one man band playing with a instrument made out of a soup box. and in the Renaissance Court there was a band playing music with old fashianed type writers which my dad thought was a riot.
 
I didn't try any of the food that was being sold outside, but I did have a drink inside, and dispite the high prices at the bar, it was a good drink.
 
I had a good time tonight, and I highly reccomend checking out these galleries.

No comments:

Post a Comment