Saturday, April 12, 2014

Space Dandy


I enjoy watching Space Dandy on Cartoon Network's Toonami. I have to admit, it isn't the best Anime show I have seen by far, as there have been plenty of Anime that I have seen that have made me laugh harder. Also, plenty of Anime shows have similar mixes of really good and sub par animation. However, this show definitely beats out Bleach as that series has been going downhill for quite some time now, Naruto at times when the series just drags on, and even One Piece as that series doesn't appear to be ending for another century!

This series has no consistent plot as it is mainly a parody series that makes fun of various topics. Once in a while it may have a certain new idea that might not have been seen in other science fiction shows, but for the most part, it is all for comedy. My favorite episodes are the zombie one, and the race one. Both of those episodes contain some of the best jokes by far in the series.

My biggest surprise about this show is that it premieres here in the USA in English dubbing before it does in Japan in it's native language. I find that superbly awesome! This could mean that the animation studios in Japan are realizing how popular Anime has become to the rest of the world, especially here in America and they are trying to branch out even more. This could be the beginning of a lot of interesting advancements for Anime in general as well as other media!

No comments:

Post a Comment