Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Guardians of the Galaxy

SPOILER WARNING!


Recently I went to the Elm Drought House Theater in Millbury, MA to watch the Marvel movie "Guardians of the Galaxy." I thought it was an awesome movie. The computer graphics were amazing considering one character was a talking raccoon and another was tree with sentience. I have barely read any of the comic books with these characters, but after seeing this movie, I have to admit, I am a little interested in reading more. I am also looking forward to more movies featuring these characters!

I was confused at first when the movie began with a young boy watching his mother die of cancer in the hospital. It seemed like a much different tone than the trailers led the movie on to be. It made sense as the movie progressed though, and it reminded us that the Guardians each had their own sources of despair that they could relate to one another.

I have not read many comics with Thanos, but I have a copy of the "Silver Surfer" where Ronan makes his first appearance! He didn't seem too interesting in the comic, but I knew before watching this movie that if this character could go up against the Silver Surfer, the Guardians of the Galaxy would have a difficult time, and it was very entertaining to see their struggle and their methods to defeat this foe.

What really surprised me was watching Micheal Rooker playing Yondu. It seemed funny seeing him painted in blue alien face makeup after seeing him as a human on "The Walking Dead". At first I thought he was just going to be a side character villain that would be killed off very easily, but he turned out to be very interesting with a ridiculously powerful weapon!

The only problems I had at the movie theater were the theater itself. I did not enjoy listening to country music and watching game shows before the movie started. Also, the sound quality of the movie itself could have been better. At times I had a difficult time hearing, and I find that weird because I have watched movies for free there before and the sound has been better then. Still, the prices for the tickets and food were very reasonable. I had a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment