Monday, January 26, 2015

My Mom's Cousin Wayne Brink, Page 151, & Arisia 2015

I have uploaded page 151 of Zheph Skyre. It might have been a few minutes late the other night, but please excuse my tardiness. My mother's cousin, Wayne Brink, passed away last Friday January 16th, and I had attended his wake on Wednesday the 21st. Many friends and family had gone to Wayne's wake. He was a very active hiker/explorer of nature, a photographer, a Vietnam veteran, a professor at Quinsigamond college, a loving husband, an interesting father, and an eccentric friend. He lost his battle against multiple forms of cancer. My earliest memory of him was when he invited my family and I to his summer barbecue. He did not serve regular hamburgers, but served buffalo burgers. I ate a chewy, white meat from a shish kabob and was told afterwards that it was alligator meat. After that, my family was invited to his Swedish, Christmas Eve Parties he held at his house every year which had various, interesting Swedish dishes and ended with drinking glogg. I was a little skeptical of these things at first, but along with Wayne's friendly personality, it was always an awesome time. Christmas Eve will never be the same without him now. Here's to you Wayne, there are many people who love you and hope you are at peace now.


Here we see Zheph wake up from a deep sleep and recollection of years past, or at least up until a certain part... He awakens to find himself wrapped in bandages and taken care of by Jahovac. It is is a little  unexpected, but it makes sense in the end because Jacques hired Jahovac to capture Zheph to use him for his knowledge. Zheph is useless to Jacques dead. Jahovac doesn't seem to be too comfortable with this arrangement though.

Arisia 2015 was enjoyable. I did not sell nearly as much as I did previous years, but I got to eat a lot of free food and I went to my sister's condo, my friend's apartment, & the MFA while I was in the area.


Here's the business card of Theresa Mather. If you like fantasy art, you'll like hers. She does a lot of dragons, cats with wings, and other mystical creatures.


Another flyer for Nauticon 2015. I have signed up for the Artists' Colony at this convention, but I have no idea if I will get it or not. If I do, I will be sharing the space with Frankie Stevens, author of the book "Polarity Breach: The Divine Spark."


Here is a flyer for a Masquerade at the goth club, Haven, tomorrow night. It sounds interesting, but due to the incoming snow storm, it might be postponed. I do not believe I have a good enough costume for this nor much money to spend.


Another flyer for RavenCon, a sci-fi/fantasy convention in Richmond, Virginia. They are celebrating their 10th year!


Here's a flyer for Chessicon, a sci-fi/fantasy convention in Maryland. They did accept my artwork for this convention and I mailed it to them. I could not attend myself because it is a far drive for me, it was right after Thanksgiving, and I do not have much money to spend on a hotel.


Here is a pamphlet for artwork by Laurel Cunningham-Hill titled Capsulariums. It is artwork using tiny bones of rodents and displaying them in tiny frames or hollowed out chain watches. She makes some very interesting stuff! Don't worry, these are bones left from owls and are sterilized beforehand.


Here's a flyer for a new LARP called the Accord. It made me a little angry that their symbol looks way too much like the one I have on my portfolio site! I I'm trying not to let it get to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment