Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Page 148, 149, & 150 Are Up

Sorry I have not been updating this blog as often as I used to, but I am hard at work on this web comic story, I have been working on getting everyone their rewards for the Kickstarter, and lately I have been getting ready for the Arisia Art Show of which I will be attending this Friday.


Here is page 148 of my web comic. Zheph and his family appear to be set on leaving in this flashback. They appear to go through certain lengths in order to do so...


After such a terrible tragedy with their house being burnt down, the Skyre family appear to be optimistic as they leave Corthon behind, but Zheph appears to be having a hard time remembering what exactly happened after he left the city. He seems to be troubled with something.

I realized a while ago that the tear and sweat drops I had been portraying in my web comic have not been the best. I was simply trying to fill in the outline of the drops with a light, white fill. I knew that it made the water look milky, but I wasn't sure what to do instead. It wasn't until recently that I discovered a different method of portraying such water drops on people. I might go back into previous pages and make the same changes if I get the opportunity.

If you are wondering why the laughing speech bubbles are red and black, it is simply that the character or characters who are laughing are laughing maniacally and are not normal human beings.


Here is page 150. Zheph stands among many creepy eyes and smiles, but the largest are terrifyingly soul piercing!

I love this page! I decided to have this page as a double page with a single image because I wanted to portray just how intimidating this unknown force is. This page took quite a bit of time to complete and more layers than I thought I was going to use. I'm going to show this page at Arisia this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment