Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Ballet

I was thinking of the ballet performance last Saturday for New Year's Eve at the Worcester Art Museum. It was a group of girls of various ages who performed the same dances and songs an hour from one another. Again, it was just a thought of a challenge for animation.



There are plenty of examples of great animated ballet performances. Two of which I can think of is the Anime show "Princess Tutu" and various animations from Disney's Fantasia that used various shapes, animals, and other beings to portray such graceful dances of a ballerina. Most people just recall Fantasia as an interpretation of music into animation, but it is so much more than that.

I saw this AMV (Anime Music Video) at Anime Boston when it won Best in Show. I was surprised at first when I saw that best in show was about an Anime based on ballet, but as you can see it turned out to be very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment