Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Callinor Imperator


I have shown pictures of all the dragons from my Zheph Skyre series... except for one...

This is an early sketch of Callinor Imperator, the Dragon Empress. She is one of the main antagonists in the story. She has all of the abilities of the other dragons because she is their mother. Their was a father dragon, but she absorbed him and became far more powerful. There's a lot more I am thinking about for her back story, but I'd rather not go into it right now. Her magic element is a secret for now...

This is the 1st dragon I actually based on dinosaur skulls. Considering dinosaurs are extinct, I couldn't base it on dinosaurs with flesh obviously. At 1st, I wanted to try to incorporate a whale's head into this sketch just because it is a large animal in real life and it might have been interesting, but after sketching a T-Rex and a Triceratops skull, there didn't appear to be any room to incorporate it at all that would look right.

The main antagonists are exceptionally strong and have formed a council of ten. For the most part they toy around with the protagonists and refrain from killing them off. I have an exceptionally good reason for that...

No comments:

Post a Comment