Monday, January 30, 2012

Dance Games

I've been working very hard on finishing this animation for the 11 Second Club contest for this month since I only have one day left, so I have to keep this post short.

The new dancing games for motion control video games just seem weird to me. I saw people using "Dance Workout" for the Wii, and it was slow. As they began the game, it didn't even appear to have different settings of difficulty. I would think that would be built into the game.

It just seemed slow compared to DDR. I had been a fan of Dance Dance Revolution for quite some time, I even had a copy for the previous X-Box system. I could never do the hardest setting, but I was able to get quite good at it. Maybe they were able to make it faster because you are only moving your feet and not your arms for DDR.

I also didn't care for the music for this new dance game. It is all pop music from the past few years that I didn't like at that time either. Granted, I usually don't care for dance club music, but the songs the creators of DDR choose are epic. There are even some remakes like "We Will Rock You." Maybe I am just part of an older generation.

What these games had in common were the dancing figures in 3D graphics and the rating system if you get the marks or not.

3 comments:

  1. Is your game now created what name did you given to your game.I want to play your game.Because i am like dancing games.i like to play kids games along with the dancing games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are plenty of dance games for motion control for all three of the new systems. Though any of the Dance Dance Revolution games for Nintendo 64 should still work for the Wii, but you would need to get a dance pad. For the current Wii dance games you only use your arms unless if you get the motion board, but I don't see the use in a board with two small areas to step on compared to the DDR pad which has four arrow directions to step on.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete