Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Netheus II


This is a drawing I made of Netheus a while ago. I inked it by hand and colored it in Photoshop, but this was before I knew how to use the tablet properly.

Unfortunately I could not make it clear about how his blades work by this picture. His blades come out, but can also turn so that he can fight "Wolverine style" with two blades or he can slash sideways as if the two blades were one. I realize now that I would have to show this feature on both arms by a specific viewpoint. There are other things I desire to change about this character's armored design. I decided at least to keep the armor off when he is in normal state. The armor can magically appear as if it is coming out of his body.





This was a card design I made of Netheus. I had printed out a whole bunch of characters from the first book and printed them onto these cards that I sold at Anime Boston. I know I can make better artwork the next time around.

Here are some head and arm sketches of Netheus. I am still debating to myself how this character is going to look. For a while I had this very complex idea for his armor, but now I believe I should simplify it.

No comments:

Post a Comment