Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Jack-o-lantern

I have carved a Jack-o-lantern for Halloween this year. I know it is usually for children, but there are actually professional artists who carve pumpkins. Usually they carve famous peoples faces with more 3D carved features, but since I wanted to incorporate the Halloween spirit, I decided to make it scary.


This was the drawing I made for the Jack-o-lantern. I had to edit it in Photoshop because the eyes and nose were too small and low compared to the mouth.


This was the finished product. As you can see, it is a little bit difficult to transfer a flat image to a three dimensional shape, but I believe this is a success.


Last year I carved a Snoopy Jack-o-lantern, but I didn't take any pictures of it in time. It seemed to rot quicker due to the strange weather. Luckily this Jack-o-lantern is lasting quite well. I did take pictures after it was freshly carved, but I couldn't get them off of the memory card they were on. I like these pictures more anyways.


I am thinking of doing something interesting with these photographs in Photoshop...

No comments:

Post a Comment