Monday, January 21, 2013

Arisia 2013: Part 1

I had just come back from Arisia 2013 yesterday. Supposedly this convention ended today, but I only went to it on Friday to drop off my artwork, Saturday to check out the convention itself, and Sunday to pick up whatever pieces of artwork and prints I had left. Unfortunately I did not sell that much, most likely because my artwork itself was mostly expensive. I am glad I at least got to get a little word out there about my artwork.

There were quite a few pieces of artwork on display. There were many fantasy pieces, a few science fiction pieces, some strangely humorous pieces, and a whole area of three dimensional artwork was on display. There was quite a few pieces of artwork that truly impressed me. I was glad to see some pieces received an award for popularity.


Here we see some artwork done by Ruth Thompson. Mostly her artwork is very dark, which I prefer. I think I might have seen some of her work on DeviantArt.com though.


I forgot who painted this, but it was surely impressive. I believe this was an older, more experienced artist though.


Here we can see some 3D artwork done by Kristian Brevik. I really liked the paper creatures she made, especially the spider hanging on some string. The detail appears to be very intricate.


There were many cosplayers at this convention. Here, we see a mermaid laying down having fun just letting people watch her and take her picture.


Here was my artwork. The only piece that sold was the painting in the top left corner. I was at least glad to see someone appropriate my work enough to buy it, even though it sold for the cheapest bid.

No comments:

Post a Comment