Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Otaku T-Shirt Design





I decided to add this design to my CafePress store. I created the symbol based on the Laughing Man logo from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex with the haircut of Cloud from Final Fantasy 7. I also added the text "All Hail Japan!" in English and in Japanese.


This design was originally for my college Anime Club, of which I was president of for a year. I also used this design for a DeviantArt contest, but I did not win that.

I decided to use this design in my store because I believe the audience for my web comic would interested in this t-shirt. I found out that more people would like more popular cultural references in their products as I sold things at Anime Boston. I am hoping not to receive any trouble for this, because I consider this a parody of Anime and parodies are protected by law.

No comments:

Post a Comment