Thursday, June 13, 2013

Carnage Mask

 I made a mask out of baking clay and tin foil. It is supposed to be of the super villain Carnage from Marvel Comic's Spider-man. I made it for possibly dressing up as the character at conventions in the future.


 For a while, I was uneasy about finishing this mask. The first layer of black clay on the tin foil proved to be very fragile. I went with tin foil originally because I had used a soft metallic material to make a mask with this clay before, but it didn't mold to the shape of my head as easily as tin foil. Luckily adding extra layers of black and the other colors really helped solidify it before I baked it.


What also really helped was the fact that I used clay sculpting tools in order to make this mask. This is perhaps the best thing I have ever made with Sculpy!

In order to make the rest of the costume, I will need to get liquid latex and a full body tight suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment