Monday, June 10, 2013

Witch Hunter Robin

A while ago, I had bought the first DVD of the Anime series Witch Hunter Robin. At the time I thought it was the full series, but it was just the first DVD in a box for the entire series with a t-shirt, a shot glass, and a few other items for the series. I had to purchase the other DVDs online in order to complete the series because at the Anime conventions they only sell complete series sets and I don't require the whole series when I have the first disk. So lately, since I had canceled my subscription to Netflix, I have been watching this series.

(This image is from http://www.zerochan.net/3820)

I finally got around to watching the entire series, and I have to say it was interesting. Guaranteed there are Anime with stories that are much easier to follow and with better animation, but this series was still interesting.

WARNING: Spoilers!

I found some of the powers that witches have to be interesting, though a good number of them seemed to have some form of telekinesis. I mostly liked the art style of this series. Robin has a very unique look to her and the other characters have interesting characteristics too. I would have liked to see more witches that would have been much more of a threat and to see their personality as the villain stays for a while on the show instead of just having the anti-witch technology being the main adversary. There are quite a few shows that have the organization the team works for turn out to be the villains, so it has been seen before.

Still, I recommend this series to be watched at least once through. It is much better than a good number of Anime series that just flopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment