Friday, August 17, 2012

The Secret of Kells

I finally got around to watching this movie I heard really good things about. I had heard of the recent animated movie called The Secret of Kells, and so I decided to watch it through Netflix.

(This image is from imdb.com)

The Scret of Kells follows a boy named Brendon who lives in a walled town deep within the forests of Ireland. In order to complete this "magical" book, Brendon has to face a multitude dangers and befriends a fairy called Aisling.
 
This movie has some amazing animation and very beautiful visuals of Celtic mythology throughout the entire film. Even when the scenes become dark and morbid, there still remains a great amount of detail and awe
 
I can see why this film was nominated for the Academy Awards. Though my only problem with it was that it seemed a little short. Other than that, I highly recommend this film for those who wish to study animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment