Monday, February 25, 2013

Post 300: Fairy & Sprite Sketch!

I have written 300 posts! It maybe weird that this post is about a fairy and a sprite, but this is my blog and I will post what I feel like!

Here's a sketch I made of a goodly water fairy and an evil earth sprite fighting. Like dragons in the world of Zheph Skyre, there will be one type of fairy and sprite for each of the ten elements. These two creatures may appear sooner than most of the dragons in my web comic.



I decided to make the fairy based on beautiful picture of a cicada I found online, while the sprite is based on a horned rhino beetle. The plant the fairy is standing on is from one of the floral arrangements that were around at Flora in the Worcester Art Museum. I thought this plant would look more interesting than a random branch.

I am hoping to color this image in on my computer eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment