Friday, July 27, 2012

Magic The Gathering: Rotation


I just came home from playing in another Magic the Gathering Type 2 tournament. Unfortunately I did not do as well as I would have hoped for. Also, there were a very large number of players, so
 there were 5 rounds insted of four which was a little tiring.

I know early in October, there will be a rotation for what editions are allowed in Type 2. The Scars of Mirrodin block, which includes Mirrodin Besieged and New Phyrexia, will be banned at that time. I find that unfortunate because I have collected quite a few cards from that block, and my current deck is focused on that block. Not to mention that this block provided some interesting abilities that I have doubts we will see again. I am constructing a new deck for the shift, but I am just sad that my current deck that I spent a while to make won't be usable in these tournaments.

Oh well, it will be interesting to try this different deck. It might do better than my current deck, though I am not certain. I will have to complete the new deck before that scedualed time.

No comments:

Post a Comment