Friday, July 20, 2012

Brave



I went to see the new Pixar movie "Brave" the other night with a good friend. I really liked it, even though there were some other films by Pixar that were better. I was afraid this film would resemble certain other films with the same theme of "women should have equal rights," but this film stands as it is. As I watched this, I suddenly recalled that Disney did a movie with someone turning into a bear, but I know from rumors that this film was much better. I have a feeling that Pixar made this film in response to DreamWorks producing "How to Train Your Dragon," but I think both films were really good.

This movie had a lot of good humor, and took computer animation to new heights. I found it surprising sometimes of how far this film would go with it's humor. I have a feeling Pixar might come out with a PG-13 movie at some point, and I think that would be cool.

I have been a fan of Pixar's work for some time, except for the "Cars" which I refuse to see because it doesn't make sense to make a computer animated film about living cars. Vehicles have very limited movement capabilities as it is, and it seems ridiculous to make a film about them after making movies about bugs, living toys, robots, super heroes, and other great stories.

I have not seen "The Dark Knight Rises" yet. I might see it, though I heard it wasn't as good as the other two movies. There are still some other movies I want to see this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment