Monday, July 2, 2012

Robot Sketches


I realized that I had not done any sketches of robots recently. I decided to change that and make a sketch of a series of battle drones for my Zheph Skyre series.

I believe I have refrained from drawing any robot sketches for a while because it seemed easier to draw living creatures. However, you can base robots on living creatures. The complete sketch of the humanoid robot is mostly based on the human body. I guess it might look a little like the robots from the movie "I Robot", but there are parts that I gave to it in order to remove as much human features as possible. I think the "mechanical musculature" is closer to human musculature though.

I don't think robots really need two eyes. They don't really need depth perception if they can zoom in and out with camera like lens. They do however require plush sensory parts on the hands and feet. People forget that you need the sense of touch in order to walk so that detail should always be included except for perhaps the flying robots.

No comments:

Post a Comment