Wednesday, November 21, 2012

"Power Up Replay 2012: The Future is in the Past Electric Boogaloo" The Aftermath


The Gaming Society of the University Massachusetts at Dartmouth held it's annual Power Up last Saturday November 17th. It's full name was "Power Up Replay 2012: The Future is in the Past Electric Boogaloo". It was really awesome! I went into Cedar Dell, payed $15, was given an achievement checklist, and had a great time. It was very gratifying seeing familiar faces.

For a good majority of the time I was there, I spent it in the Magic Tournament area. They held a Draft Tournament, a Standard Tournament, Legacy I think, and free play. I didn't do so well overall, but I still had a lot of fun. I have a better idea of what should be in my Standard deck.


There was also some free pizza, soda, and eventually at the end the baked goods were free. Sure the pizza was the cheap version provided by Sudexo through the school, but that was a minor flaw.

In the main area, there were plenty of old school games. I got to play some Duck Hunt, and the original Super Mario. I saw also Tetris, old school Sonic,and many other games some of which I never even heard of. There were even score listings of top ranks for certain games in a certain amount of time.

All in all, I still say other clubs and organizations in colleges should definably have charity events like this one if they don't already.

No comments:

Post a Comment