Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Page 39 is Uploaded & Wreck It Ralph


I finally got page 39 of my Zheph Skyre web comic uploaded. I'm sorry for the delay, but I was working as fast as I could. I had a much more busy weekend than I thought I would have. Perhaps I should change the schedule to Tuesdays and Fridays instead. It appears I'd have more time to spend on Monday and Tuesday than I would for Saturdays and Sundays, so I would get the pages done on time with color.

On this page, Zheph is now driving away (I forgot to put the sound effect of the engine, I'll have to go back into it), and Jahovac is left standing defeated. Jacques goes up to Jahovac to try to convince him to go along with a different plan. Will this plan actually work?

(This image is from imdb.com.)

I went to see Wreck it Ralph last Friday since I was in the Dartmouth area, and the Power Up main events didn't start until the next day. I didn't read everything on the Facebook event page too clearly it seems. So I went to see this movie in 3D since that was the earliest time and I did not want to wait another two hours to see it. It was an enjoyable movie.

There are quite a few famous guest appearances by some famous video game characters, but they were all very small since the movie had to focus on the story. I thought the movie was actually going to be funnier, but maybe my sense of humor has developed since I was a child and the humor here is just more appealing to a younger audience. The visual gags and the animation were really good though. A lot of thought and effort went into this movie and it shows. There were a few small problems here and there like the pop music choices they had, and how much time was spent in one specific video game world. I still enjoyed it though.

Tomorrow I will discuss Power Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment