Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Anime Boston: The Aftermath Part 2

There was a "Webcomic Round Table" panel that I went to at Anime Boston. There were supposed to be more web comic artists at the panel, but only two showed up. They spoke about how to get into the business of making web comic pages. They helped make me think about possibly reevaluating my own web comic.


Here is a postcard of Paradigm Shift by Dirk I. Tiede. He makes a web comic/manga series about a detective mystery with werewolves. I got to talk to him at the Artist Alley after I went to his panel, and he had more advice that I was able to get. I have just began to check out his web comic recently.


Here is a bookmark of the web comic Red String by Gina Biggs. She talked along with Dirk at the "Web Comic Round Table" Panel. She also had some good advice, but her web comic will most likely not appeal to me. It is more of a romance story.


Here is another cos-player who had a very interesting costume. She was dressed up as Alphonse Elric from the Anime series "Fullmetal Alchemist." There was another person dressed up as the same character who was closer to the actual height of the character, but her costume was much closer in detail and hers was shiny.






Here was another cos-player who dressed up as the Chimera creation of Nina and Alexander from "Fullmetal Alchemist." This is impressive, though this sort of cos-play was most likely not made because people think this is cool or amazing. If you watch or read any of the series of Fullmetal Alchemist you would understand that this brings sorrow to fans of the series.


Here are two people who were dressed up as gargoyles at the convention. I didn't know this at the time, but these are from the series "Doctor Who." They are an alien race that only move when people blink. I only heard about them from a friend after she saw this post.


Here is the Berserk Fury, a dragon Zoid from the series "Zoids New Century." I personally preferred "Chaotic Century" as a series, but I can't dismiss how cool this costume is! Yes, apparently it is a costume. A viewer posted a link to a Youtube video where he/she is wearing the costume.

There is still a little bit more I have to share about this convention.

4 comments:

  1. Fury's a costume.
    http://youtu.be/Ev1rLfPy5kg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you for that link. I would have never guessed it was actually a costume. I only saw it standing up with no one in it. Whoever wore it must have only been able to wear it for a short time.

      Delete
  2. It was mine, so yeah, pretty much xD I've recently taken to reducing it's weight though. I've replaced some parts and trimmed the fat down. It's 15 pounds lighter now, and there's at least 10 more pounds I can remove before it's next convention.

    It wasn't so much the weight though. It was more the difficult-to-put-on footwear that I did last minute to move the legs. >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can relate with technical problems. When I dressed up as Garra 1 year I made a huge sand claw for him and I stuffed it with newspaper. I had to remove some of it though. Also, the wings for my Ryuk costume didn't last because they were too heavy.

      Delete