Sunday, April 29, 2012

Art Genesis at the DZian Gallery



Here is a postcard I got from the DZian Gallery, both front and back. I picked it up while attending the Arts Genesis show last Friday night.There was art by one particular group and then art by numerous other artists within the area. It was catered very well with lots of delicious food. They even had jewelry for sale. I found it funny that they also had t-shirts for sale.



Here are two pieces of artwork by Elizabeth Swallow, a coworker of mine at the Worcester Art Museum. She was one of the members of Arts Genesis, an art community within a support group for mental awareness. She had wood sculptures, digital photographs and prints on display. There is a unique simplicity to her work, yet it makes people think.


Here are three acrylic paintings by another coworker of mine, Rick Lagueux, who was also a member of Arts Genesis. He has managed this tricky medium very well.






Here is a piece done by Jeff Faust.


Here is an air brush painting done by John Gleason. I have air brush kits, but I have barely ever used them. I think I need to have a class for it somewhere if I can find one.





Here is a painting done by Lauri Blank.


I was surprised to see some work done of famous cartoon characters. It seems there were a few pieces a certain person had come across on and decided to bring them here. This one was actually done by the master Chuck Jones!


Here are two pieces done by Micheal Parkers. He has an interesting fairy tale style.


Here is a piece done by Robert Bissell of an owl.


This painting was done by Svetlana Valueva.

The DZian Gallery is a very interesting place and the Arts Genesis has some impressive members. I suggest checking them out if you are in the Worcester area.

No comments:

Post a Comment