Thursday, April 12, 2012

Anime Boston: The Aftermath Part 3

There was another panel I went to that told us important information about how to get to Japan. Since I have already graduated from college, I will most likely have to wait until I can find a full time job. Maybe I will find a chance to go through my work, but I am determined to go there someday.


Here is a postcard for Dominic Deegan's web comic.I was surprised to find him in the Artist's Alley and yet he was not at the panel for the Web Comic Artist Roundtable. I am positive he would have helped out with the panel even more. Perhaps he was too busy at the time. I have heard good things about his web comic series from friends, but I have barely seen much of his work. I will check him out though.


Here is a pamphlet for Connecticon. There were other Anime conventions that were handing out pamphlets as well, but I know I can afford to go to all of them. Right now I am just hoping I can find a hotel with a deal in Connecticut so that I can go as well as some friends who are planning to go too. I would get a table at the convention for my artwork, but they require a license for vending in their state. Since the license costs $100 and it would require me to pay taxes in that state, I don't think I will bother since I can't sell that often in another state.


Here are some Angimon cosplayers from the first series of Digimon. I felt nostalgic for this since I liked the series when I was a kid. It was like Pokemon, but with a more deeper plot and better looking monsters.


Here is a cos-player dressed up as the Black Rider, Celty Sturluson, from "Durarara!!" It was a series on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim that I highly recommend. It has some fascinating action, but it is more than that. There were few cos players who could pull off the helmet with cat ears believably.


Here we have cos-players dressed up as Matatabi, the two tailed cat, and Kurama, the nine tailed fox, from Naruto Shippendun. They are two out of nine of the tailed beasts from the show. Both costumes were done very well, though not that many people dress up as creatures at conventions.


Here we have a cos-players dressed up as the Ava Unit-02 from Neon Genesis Evangelion. This is one of the only giant robot anyone can cosplay successfully because the Avas have the most human-like body proportions. The series itself can get a little weird and there are only a few characters people like, though it is really popular.

There were other cos-players and events that occurred at Anime Boston, like the Masquerade, the Anime Dating Games, the numerous cosplayers dressed up as Jake from "Adventure Time" which seemed odd, the AMV Contest, the Anime Chess Game, the Video Game room, the Venders room where you can buy good stuff, the Anime Death Match, numerous video rooms showing the first few episodes of a series, and numerous panels that only people over 18 could enter to see. Some of it was good other things were bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment