Friday, April 20, 2012

Easter: Delayed Post

It occurred to me that I had not mentioned anything that happened for my Easter. Mostly that was due to the fact that I had been at Anime Boston for three days and I wanted to write a post about that. The reason I remembered it now is because I stopped by CVS and the store was selling all Easter candy and other items with 75% off. I took advantage of that deal.

(This image is from oasis-church-nj.com)

Easter was very sentimental and relaxing. I hung out with my family and the Chinese boys, ate good food, conversed, got some candy, and relaxed as a few of my family members watched a game on the television. The Chinese boys took part in an Easter Egg hunt, and it was funny watching newbies at it despite the fact that they are already teenagers.

As you grow older, you realize the importance of Holidays such as this. It doesn't matter if this holiday doesn't get as much publicity as others do, or if you get enough candy to last you a while. What matters is that you are surrounded by loved ones when you celebrate such a holiday.

It's weird, I always loved pretty much any type of candy when I was growing up, but now I find certain candies lacking. Anything with milk chocolate just tastes cheap and lacking compared to dark chocolate or white, and all of the fruit, chewy candies like jelly beans are less appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment