Sunday, April 15, 2012

Zheph Skyre Web-Comic Reboot

I was thinking of rebooting my Zheph Skyre web-comic series. There have been numerous pages that I have felt uneasy about. Most people have said that after a while, you will get better at it. In my opinion, as I tried to complete each page, I kept trying different methods of making the pages. Some trial errors seemed to be a step backwards at times. There were even mistakes I made that I tried going around, but just made it more complicated. I just couldn't bring myself to make anymore pages of this web-comic series when it just didn't seem to be improving.

I have been thinking of possible ways to make it easier to complete in shorter amount of time. I think I have to make a more simpler style of artwork for the pages. The amount of detail per page seemed overwhelming and at times it seemed like I tried to rush it at times. The final product might look a little scratchy. I think I will release half a page on my website at a time. If I want color in it, it will still take time, but at least fewer panels will allow me more time to finish some pages.


Here is a sketch showing some of the changes I am thinking about making. As you can see, I am thinking about going with more of a cartoon type of look than realistic. It is just a thought so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment