Friday, April 13, 2012

Fairy & Mermaid


Here is another sketch of characters from my Zheph Skyre series. As you can see, there is a fairy on the left, a mermaid on the right, and a combination of the two in the middle. There is a reason for that, but I don't want to spoil anything.

I'm not sure I have come up with any new ideas besides maybe giving a mermaid these tentacles coming out of the forehead and combining a mermaid with a fairy.

I was trying to go for a dark, icy look to the fairy, and a smooth, flowing look to the mermaid. The center one is a combination of the two. I was thinking that the wings and fins could combine at times in order to make the wings and fins appears as if they belong to the same being.

There is a chance I might start simplifying these drawings into a different style altogether if I remake the webcomic, but I at least like having these detailed drawings around.

No comments:

Post a Comment