Monday, April 2, 2012

11 Second Club March 2012 Entry


I submitted another animation to the 11 Second Club. Unfortunately I didn't get to finish everything I wanted to with this one too, but I got more impressive things done with this animation than I did with my January submission. I know I will finish this one, but I realize now that the previous animation had too many problems in order for me to fix completely so that one may never get done.

With my last animation, I forgot to make sure that the screen would fit in a 640px by 480px format so that is wouldn't be stretched out on the screen like on Youtube. I am at least glad I got that done.

I tried putting color in this time. It definably helps make things much more clearer to see. Perhaps I should have waited until the very end to color in the figure though. It might have just wasted time to color him after I complete only a few frames.

One of the things I might have forgotten to do this time was make the animation 30 frames per second. I checked the settings, and it was set to 24 fps, which would explain why I couldn't get as many frames in and make the movement a little more smoother. I tried changing it afterwards, but it was too late. The animation was too short to be at 30 fps and the audio didn't match up. Sure it would have been more work, but it would have looked better.

This time around I am up against 389 other animations! I have already began to vote on some of them, but a good majority of them are not that good again. There only seems to be a few exceptional animations.

Perhaps I should only draw the character sketches on paper while I draw the animation sketches on the computer. I would have seen how many frames are in between each movement if I stuck more to the computer. Perhaps I should keep the character's or two with only their upper bodies showing, just so that I wouldn't have to animate feet. Perhaps I shouldn't copy and paste too many of the same body parts in order to take less time and show more movement. Perhaps I should collaborate with someone. These are all things for me to think about. But if I do this competition again, it won't be until next month because Anime Boston will take up a lot of time and there are other things I must work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment