Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Art Progression


 I was looking at some of my older sketchbooks as I was cleaning off my art table. I was just thinking about how much I tend to progress in my drawing capabilities from time to time. I tend to think I have drawn something amazing at one point, but then I find myself drawing something better. I then tend to hate what I have drawn before.


Sometimes it is good to look back at some of the sketches you made years ago. You might have had some really weird ideas at the time, but then it might give you inspiration to do something completely different.


People ask me how I have gotten as good as I have with drawing. I always tell them it takes time and effort to get good at drawing. People who think they suck at drawing and don't try to get better truly won't get better. If you are an artist in training, don't let yourself get put down by lack of abilities. As you get older and you keep at drawing, you get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment