Wednesday, June 27, 2012

College Illustration Sketches


Here are some sketches I made for an illustration class in college. Some of these might not be that good because these sketches were assigned to us to be drawn a numerous as possible in a short amount of time. Also, I was always quite busy with numerous activities outside of classes and homework.


These particular sketches were made for an assignment of combining opposites. I got ideas of combining "cute" with "disgusting," "natural" with "man made," "serine" with "hot tempered," and even "dangerous" with "harmless." Dangerous and harmless won out in the end, but unfortunately my final art piece for the class was not that good. It might have been because I had used mediums that weren't that good and that weren't my strengths.


Nevertheless, looking back at these sketches might give me ideas. Combining a scorpion with a butterfly could prove to be a dangerous combination.Think about it, a seemingly harmless insect with beautiful wings flies over to an unsuspecting victim. This creature could gently land on some mesmerized creature and then sting it with a tail full of venom. There are plenty of odd ideas I would have never even considered that would prove to be interesting if I never went to college.

No comments:

Post a Comment