Thursday, June 21, 2012

Web Comic Revision

With this month's 11 Second Animation, it has been difficult getting my web "The Legacy of Zheph Skyre" comic remade, but it is coming along I assure you. I am also thinking that I should just have the title as "Zheph Skyre." I don't think I need to make it longer than it needs to be.


Here you can see the introduction to my web comic as I started it out. It started off in black and white because I thought it would become a manga. I realized as time went on that this picture just wasn't that good. I believe I was trying to do a lot of detail in as little time as possible. I also realized the design of the city wall was a little ridiculous. It appears to be way too thin with towers and passageways that might be a little too complex for the human civilians of this supposed city to ever create. I also used a ink wash to make these shadows, but I know that watercolor of any sort was not really my strength. You can also see the mistakes I constantly made in the rest of the pages for this web comic. At times I couldn't figure out how to color the pages correctly even though I was using Photoshop. At times I couldn't figure out to ink it all correctly or draw it on the computer. I also think I might have written too much text too quickly.


Here you can see the revised edition. As you can see, it is much more simpler, but also better overall. The wall of the city appears more believable, there is less details in the trees, the shadowing and the color appears to be much better. I haven't put the text in yet, but already I can tell this will be much preferable. And if you are wondering, yes the sky was a photograph I took with my camera on my phone and then I put it through a filter in Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment