Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Reading Books

I personally like fantasy and science fiction when it comes to reading books. Usually I only read as I eat my breakfast which is less than how much I used to read, but there are times when I just feel like reading more from certain interesting stories. Lately it has been just fantasy that I have been reading. A while ago I have read and enjoyed reading J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Hobbit" and "The Lord of the Rings." I am one of those who did enjoy reading "The Hobbit" more. As a story it is important to be able to follow events, and I think this book was actually more successful. That is one of the reasons I am looking forward to "The Hobbit" movie coming out this winter.


I know I am really late into reading this series, but I have been reading the 2nd book of the "Harry Potter" series by J.K. Rowling. I read the 1st book a while ago and I did enjoy it. I only read this book at work when I am not able to sketch or write. It is a good series, but I find this a little too easy of a read. I am nearly halfway through the book after a little less than a few days. I know the books get longer, but I still think that this series is rather simple. I feel a little bit old reading this book especially since this book appealed to people like me when I was a teenager.


I have been really enjoying the "The Legacy of Drizzt" series by R A Salvatore. I highly recommend it to those who like to imagine amazing fight scenes, intriguing scenarios, and vivid characters. I know this book series had a few video games and comic books based on it, but I am surprised there is no television series of some sort for this book series. Obviously this book series is too long to be made into movies, but I would think that a television show like Game of Thrones would be appropriate for this series. Maybe it is too old of a series since it has been reprinted.

Books are a wonderful source for inspiration. Sometimes I just prefer reading a book containing monsters in it and just visualizing for myself how they look. Certain people prefer certain books and I applaud anyone who reads for pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment