Monday, June 25, 2012

Clarification on the Genesis Club


I had another Art Community Meeting at the Genesis Club today. It was clarified to me that in order to become a member, you have to have a mental illness like schizophrenia, depression, or bipolar which would result in hospitalization at times and would require medication. I have autism, but I have not required neither hospitalization nor medication for it. I cannot be a member of the Genesis Club.

I was however allowed to be a volunteer for the Art Community and would be allowed to stay at least to help with the meetings and organization of the artwork from members of the club.  I might also be a valuable source of information regarding certain artistic techniques. This is actually preferable to me, because I know that I do not require the type of assistance they provide the majority of their members, but I do want to help out. This is a chance for me to put forth my talent and help others.

No comments:

Post a Comment