Thursday, December 6, 2012

Centaur Sketches


I decided to draw my own version of a centaur. In my fantasy universe of Zheph Skyre, centaurs are half horse, half monkey and not man. I think too many fantasy creatures have human characteristics. How many creatures in my universe should be capable of conversing with humans? It would be simpler to make certain creatures unable to speak to humans. It would help set a gap between people and nature, and it would limit the number of characters of different races. It is a similar argument I had for my design of a minotaur.


 I had to sketch certain creatures for this design. I was also sketching possible parts for a satyr.


Here is my version of a centaur. I gave the top ape part the hair and ears of a horse. The lower part has digit fingers on each leg and a longer tail. The fingers on all of the limbs have more hoof-like nails though. This particular creature would be fast on the ground, but be capable of climbing trees. How else would a centaur manage to keep well hidden from normal people?

No comments:

Post a Comment