Monday, December 3, 2012

Back to Snowboarding





The ski slopes at Mount Wachusett have opened up once again this winter. I wasn't available to snowboard this past weekend when it finally opened, but I was able to go today.


It became rather warm today, but it made it feel nice as I snowboarded on that slope. Supposedly, the weather in this area is supposed to remain this warm for the rest of the week, and it is also supposed to rain this Wednesday. If this is true, the snow might melt before the end of the week. This season isn't starting as well as I was hoping. Global warming is more than just a pain in the butt.


I got a new snowboard and I am glad to say that it is much better than my previous board. My old board was an all mountain snowboard, which was shaped with the arch going up in the middle and was larger than most other boards. It was good for beginners. My new board is more of a trick board, which is smaller, lighter, more flexible, and has a reversed arch that allows me to have better control. I was even able to make small jumps with this board, which was impossible with my previous one. I'm not sure if I should ever try the trick park. It costs money to use it and I think I would require more practice.


Even though the snow was mostly man made, the scene was beautiful. It is one of the simple joys I get out of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment