Monday, December 5, 2011

11 Second Club

This was made by

I was just told yesterday from a coworker about this website called The 11 Second Club. It is a website that has a contest every month where they provide an audio clip that lasts 11 seconds and you have to animate it within a month. It can be done with 3D or 2D animation, but it must contain the audio and it must only contain appropriate visuals for all audiences.

For each month members can vote on each animation based on a 10 star rating. I myself joined this website and viewed quite a few animations for the month of November. There were quite a few animations that needed work, but some of them were really good.

The winners receive critiques from professional animators. That right there is a valuable prize! It may not be a job, but it could definably help when applying for a career in this field. And in the end, if you get a decent rating for your animation even if you don't win, you can use it online for your personal portfolio. It is a win win situation.

I will submit 2D animations, but I must practice a little more before I submit. Hopefully after I try out this competition, I can get my microphone on my computer to work and make animations entirely made by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment