Monday, December 12, 2011

Light Dragons & Snowboarding

Here are two sketches of an good and evil light dragon that will appear in the Zheph Skyre series. The good dragon's head is based on a horse and a lion fish. The evil dragon's head is based on a crane and a horned lizard.

For the longest period of time, I was going to make just one species of dragons for the element of light that were good, and one species of dragons for darkness/shadow that were evil. It wasn't limited to just dragons but for all other species and human wizards in my series. Light = Good and Shadow = Evil.

I came to a conclusion with the help of a previous girlfriend that I shouldn't necessarily do that. If the other elements have good and evil within them, than darkness and light should as well. People generally judge with their eyes most of the time. In movies and comic books, most of the time the heroes have been depicted in one image while the villains have been depicted in the opposite. More modern stories have shown that appearances can be deceiving. I won't even just limit one species to be entirely good and one species to be entirely evil. Humans have a choice and so would any intelligent being.

Besides, I thought of some instances where light could mean something negative, like the atom bomb, and shadow can mean something good, like nighttime when everyone sleeps and dreams.

An instance where light and darkness can each be used as an element for good or evil is Legend of Dragoon.

On a side note, I went to Mt. Wachusett today and went snowboarding. I had a blast. I am only mentioning this because it might influence some animations I make in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment