Friday, December 2, 2011

1st Friday Boston

(This image is owned by SoWa)

I visited 1st Friday in Boston at the SoWa Artists Guild of 450 Harrison Avenue and I really enjoyed it. I saw lots of colorful paintings, huge paintings that would take up an entire wall, photographs, vintage stuff, and sculptures of all shapes and sizes including ones entirely made from hanger wires. If you are into the Arts, I suggest you visit, and perhaps you'll find something that will define your home.

I went there as a suggestion from Andy Fish, who taught "How to Market Your Artwork in the 21st Century" at the Worcester Art Museum of which I partook in. I have a better understanding of what studios and galleries are and what they make. I am unsure if my style and preference for most of my artwork would belong in a gallery or require a studio space. However, I can definitely see the benefit in having both for other types of artists.

Here's a list of artists and galleries that intrigued me on Harrison Ave.

Brian Murphy: Totally Weird Sculpture
John Martino: Khaki Gallery
Chase Young Galley
Leslie Wilcox and Ellen Wetmore:  Boston Sculptors Gallery
Cove Gallery
Beth Dacey
nest
Anna Davis
Russ Gerard: Gurari Collections
Sandy Belock-Phippen
Sharon Whitham
The Biennial Project
Kingston Gallery
Maggie Carberry
Shepherd Print Studio
Jacqueline Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment