Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Earth Dragons


Here are another two sketches of Earth Dragons from my Zheph Skyre series.

The top earth dragon is based on the combination of an elephant and an ox. At first I just wanted to make the trunk a hard horn. but than I realized if this creature were real, it would have problems with its hard tusks as well. I decided to switch things around. The trunk would become a hard horn while the tusks would actually become side trunks. I know it might be odd, but I think it would give the creature more options of what it can do.

The bottom earth dragon is based on the combination of a rhinoceros and a warthog. I decided recently that the tusks from the warthog would have to replace the usual whiskers I normally give dragons. I know the bottom one looks a little like Deathwing from Blizzard's World of Warcraft, but I have seen the close up details of that dragons and there are some major differences between the two. Deathwing's lower jaw has metal armor on it, Deathwing doesn't have the horns and tusks my dragon has, the colors will be different, and the rest of the body of my dragon won't look like Deathwing at all from some of my later sketches. I admit that I do like WoW, but I have not had the time to play it recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment