Saturday, December 17, 2011

Culinary Arts

I don't know how many artists or designers like to cook, bake or prepare food, but I do like it myself. I'm not so into it that I watch Rachael Ray or the Food Network, but I still enjoy it. I recently made three batches of a deviled eggs recipe that included fresh tuna, scallions, curry, parsley, and olive oil. Some parts of cooking is a little boring, like mincing ingredients instead of just cutting them, but it is worth it in the end. I received compliments on how good it was today at the party I served it at.

I have also made home made chocolates before, but I have keep having to improve my technique. I have the double boiling system down, but I've just been experimenting with what I've been putting inside them and how I have been filling them. I found out some easier, faster ways of making certain flavors of chocolates, like orange cream, mint cream, raspberry creme, and peanut butter. I still have to figure out how to develop my caramel chocolates.

There are plenty of other dishes I am capable to making, like this shrimp and Ramen stir fry recipe I've made before. Mostly I find cooking to be simple, as nowadays people can just search for recipes online, find the ingredients, and follow the directions. The internet has removed the need for cook books. However, I like when I can make small changes here and there to the recipes. It makes cooking feel more like artwork when I have the freedom to add or take away certain ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment