Monday, December 19, 2011

DeviantArt

These are some sketches from my Zheph Skyre series I made a few years ago. They are all either important characters in the story except for one dragon. I might talk about each one of them later. I edited them a while ago and posted them on Deviant Art.
I used to like Deviant Art a while ago a lot more than I do now. It used to be one of the only ways I could display my artwork, but now I prefer my own website for my professional work. Sure on my website I can't have people leave comments, but it just looks more personal and unique.
Besides that, Deviant Art is mostly just good for a select few artists, and I believe those artists pay for the better service. I don't want to pay for an online service to display my artwork unless I can have complete freedom with the appearance.

I've realized that DeviantArt isn't the best site to show artwork on. A lot of the artwork is amateur, sexual, or fan art. I do like to draw fan art from time to time, but I truly love to be original. Also, sexual art can only help get artists jobs with very few companies.

No comments:

Post a Comment